At iModerate we believe that great insights start with great people – but having some great technology doesn’t hurt either. This past week we found out that we are ranked #158 on the Lead411 Technology 200 list of the fastest growing tech companies in the US, and we couldn’t be happier. To be honest, we never set out to have the coolest technology on the block. All we really wanted was software that allowed our qualitative team to do what they do best, and give respondents the most comfortable environment possible. Score one for utility.
In its second year, the Tech 200 list ranks tech companies with the highest percent of revenue growth from 2008 to 2010. Lead411 calculates revenue growth by percentages vs. dollar growth. Applicants were required to be privately held, U.S. based companies with at least $500,000 in revenue in 2010. Numerous industries were represented, including: Software, Hardware, Internet, Media, Advertising, Wireless, Telecom, IT Services, eCommerce and Consulting.
Some of this year’s other finalists include HubSpot, HubPages, TapJoy, Yodle, Zillow, SEOMoz, TRUSTe, Covario, VerticalResponse, MotionSoft and LifeLock
As part of the Tech 200 application, companies were asked to complete a survey about their marketing spend, ROI and overall outlook for the future. We thought a few of the findings were pretty interesting, so we thought we would share…
- Over 50% of the applicants don’t use any traditional advertising
- 25% of the applicants spend over half of their marketing budget on trade shows
- 20% of applicants receive 200% or more ROI from email marketing and SEO
- 60.2% of the companies in the Tech200 did not receive funding
- Only 6.9% of the applicants budgets going into social media
- Despite the economy, 71.5% of the companies on the Tech 200 think the future is going to get better soon
Want more insight on where the future is headed? Check out some of the trends VentureBeat found in their coverage of the Tech200.